Wednesday, August 3, 2016

August 3, 2016

Day started later than usual. I thought it was time for an intensive, benadryl-induced sleep since I will be sleep deprived this weekend (no, I don't care that it "technically doesn't work that way" but thanks anyway). I went to the gym with my friend and found it to be in a blackout though some of the cardio machines worked. I sweated like a whore in church for 15 minutes on the arc trainer, then did ab work. The power came back on in the meantime and I got a free bottle of water because there was no way for me to get water otherwise! Super exciting stuff, I know.

Anyway, I retrieved our maid who did a spectacular job of cleaning up the wreckage of our house, and then picked up Courtinie and headed to work. At work I called a few people, confirmed I didn't fuck up by forgetting to be at work at 8 AM (that's next week) and made a new appointment. Oh, I also had to deal with the car dealership because I had to hand in my title to the old car and then ask about the passport I left in the glove box, which took them entirely too long to track down so I made an appointment to get my remote starter installed on Friday and then left. I'll get the passport some other time.

From work I went to fighter practice in Oneida, thinking the whole time, "Why the hell are we going to Oneida?" I got some good fighting in, but I also hurt my feet due to my boots being pretty much done for useful wear. I also hit the back of my head on the ground which was stupid but I recovered quickly. We'll return to practices in Syracuse next week, which is a relief.

I got a call from the other work place. It'll likely be less money than my previous job but the hours will be better and I'll get to moonlight at the private practice, making bank, but also working 12 hours a day for at least 3 nights.

Day ended kind of sour because I found myself getting annoyed at my husband for not dealing with things very well, resulting in our dogs not being taken care of since I left the house at 3:30 PM. I came home at 10. They hadn't been fed or ran out despite my thinking I had clearly communicated when I had left for work. He was apparently deliriously tired and not thinking which just got me further annoyed because I feel like he's staying up late on purpose. Still, I love him and I don't enjoy being mad at him. He came to cuddle me while I started writing this, so I'm not really annoyed any more but we need to communicate better or something. I didn't know how he had been feeling throughout the day. Maybe that might have helped. I don't know. I feel like our communication is all off lately. Like, first it's cool for me to quit my job, then it's cool for me to take the private practice job, and now it's working two jobs and I don't know... I feel like we're on completely different wavelengths sometimes, but really only around money. I can't care about our money situation and it's number one for him which is a problem. I know people get divorced for this kind of thing, but Alex assures me he's in this for the long haul so... I guess we'll figure it out.

Whew. Didn't know I was going to go that deep into it but I guess if I can't do that in a diary, when and where can I, right?

Daily Rating: 7/10

To Do:
-retrieve passport from dealership
-write plots, give Kyle half
-buy rolling tote
-call in deposit to schedule tattoo

No comments:

Post a Comment